GSOP Directors have a great responsibility. Together with the different elderships that oversee our campuses, these men plan class schedules, recruit students and instructors, do public relations and church relations work, budget, and are responsible for a host of other things. Each one loves the work they do, and are genuinely interested in seeing every student excel in their studies. Please pray for these men, and know that they are striving to make each GSOP campus a place where God’s Word is accurately, thoroughly, and respectfully taught.
David Decker - GSOP Director
- Became a Christian in August of 1968.
- Education: Georgia State University, Freed-Hardeman University (B.A.), Harding Graduate School of Religion (M.A.).
- Ministry: Preaching – Since 1980.
- Mission Work: Jamaica, Palau, Fiji, Samoa, American Samoa, Solomon Islands, Marshall Islands, Tonga.
- Chaplaincy: Marine Corps League, 1997-2007.
- Advisory Board: Freed-Hardeman University – July 2000-January 2013.
- Georgia School of Preaching & Biblical Studies: Instructor – 1999-Present, Director – 2005-Present.
Jeremy Barton - Adairsville Campus Director
Dave Domingue - Middle Georgia (Warner Robins) Campus Director
- Became a Christian in 1983.
- Education: Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia School of Preaching & Biblical Studies, Freed-Hardeman University (M.A. New Testament; M.Div to be completed in 2017); Amridge University (Ph. D. New Testament - ongoing)
- Ministry: Preaching – Over 10 years.
- Serve GA congregations in Warner Robins, Eastman, Byron and others.
- Georgia School of Preaching & Biblical Studies: Instructor – 2012-Present, Director – 2013-Present.
Michael Gifford - Buford Campus Director
- Became a Christian in March 1975.
- Education: Freed-Hardeman University (B.A.); Harding Graduate School of Religion (M.A.R.)
- Ministry: Preaching – Since 1978; Served as an elder for 2 years.
- Served congregations in Alabama, North Carolina and Georgia.
- Author of numerous religious books and articles.
- Georgia School of Preaching & Biblical Studies: Instructor – 2012-Present, Director / Buford Campus-2016-Present.
Patrick Gray - Villa Rica Campus Director
Curtis Kingsley - Ellijay Campus Director
John Murrell - Munford, AL Campus Director
- Grades 1-4 Munford, Grades 5-10 Leeds, Grades 11-12 Tuscaloosa High School. High School graduation May 1962.
- June 1, 1962 –February 1966 University of Alabama - Major Accounting
- March 1966 – August 1968 Livingston University Graduation with BS in Business Administration.
- October 1968 – November 1968 Elkin Institute of Technology Passed FCC test for First Class Radiotelephone Operator License
- Work Experience:
- September 1996 – July 2015 Chief Engineer ABC3340 Birmingham, Alabama
- July 1984 – September 1996 Chief Engineer WJSU-TV Anniston, Alabama
- January 1973 – July 1984 Assistant Chief Engineer WJSU-TV Anniston, Alabama
- September 1969 – January 1973 Production Manager
- September 1968 – September 1969 Director WCFT-TV
- May 1967 – September 1968 Part time Director WCFT-TV
- November 1965 – March 1966 Chief Director WCFT-TV
- June 1963 – November 1965 Production Director Broadcast Services University of Alabama
- January 1963 – June 1963 Director Broadcast Services University of Alabama
- September 1962 – January 1963 Technical Director/Lighting Director Broadcast Services University of Alabama
- June 1962 – September 1962 Camera Operator, Audio Operator, Video Operator, Floor Director Broadcast Services University of Alabama
- Became a Christian in June 1955
- Attended Leeds church of Christ until August 1960.
- Attended University church of Christ until March 1966.
- Attended Livingston church of Christ until August 1968.
- Attended Central church of Christ until September 1969.
- I have attended Munford church of Christ September 1969 – Present time.
- I have taught a number of young and adult classes and have filled in preaching when needed.
- Served Munford church of Christ as a deacon from 1982 – 1989 working with the young people.
- Served Munford church of Christ from 1989 –present as an elder.
- Director of Munford Campus GSOP September 2015 – present.
David Nelson - Valdosta (Dasher) Campus Director
Rick Sharpe - Fayetteville Campus Director
Ray Strickland - Avondale Campus Director
Jake Sutton - Moultrie Campus Director
Tommy Tidwell - Piedmont Rd. Campus Director
- Became a Christian in April of 1974.
- Education: International Bible College (A.A) , University of North Alabama, Magnolia Bible College (B.A.) Heritage Christian University (M.A)
- Ministry: Preaching – Over 30 years; Eldership – Since 2005.
- Served congregations in Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. Preacher – South Cobb church of Christ, 1990-Present.
- Georgia School of Preaching & Biblical Studies: Instructor – 2005-Present, Director / Villa Rica Campus-2012-Present.